This evening I popped into Boots intending to pick up some face wipes.. and left with about £45 worth of goodies, oops! On the plus side, they were mostly things I had on my ‘wishlist’ to buy after hearing rave reviews from other bloggers and had some Christmas money to treat myself with.. so here’s what I hauled:
1 . No.7. ‘Beautiful Skin’ Makeup remover wipes – These are £7.00 for a pack of 30, so I feel these are a real treat to buy, however they were on offer “3 for 2”, so effectively worked out at about £4.60 a pack. I have heard rave reviews about these and after using a couple at a friend’s house recently decided to pick some up.
2. Rimmel ‘Metal Rush’ nail polish in shade ‘No.100 Pearly Queen’ – Oh my goodness I loved the whole set of these Metal Rush polishes and had to use a great deal of self restraint to stop myself buying all four shades. £3,99 a bottle, can’t wait to try this!
3. Collection (previously Collection 2000) ‘2in1 basecoat’ and ‘2in1 topcoat’ nail polishes – I had to throw out my previous base and top coats last week as they were ridiculously old and gunky, yuck!! £2.99 each.
4. Real Techniques Blush Brush – I treated myself to the R.T. powder brush a couple of weeks ago and LOVE it – so I used a bit of my Christmas money to buy the blusher brush today. Is it a little bit lame that I can’t wait to put my makeup on tomorrow morning and try it out? At £9.99 some might say its a bit overpriced but if it’s anything like the powder brush it will be well worth it. Review to come soon!
5. Collection 2000 ‘Shimmer Shades’ contouring quad – I saw this used by one of my favourite YouTube beauty gurus, Louise from Sprinkle of Glitter (in THIS video, in which she shows her daily makeup routine). I currently use a really old bronzer and some shimmery eyeshadow (I know, shudder!!) to do my contouring/highlighting so thought this looked like a fab product, especially at £4.19!
6. Collection 2000 ‘Lasting Perfection’ concealer – Again, I saw this reviewed online and thought I would give it a try. I paid £4.19 for this too.
7. Rimmel ‘Scandaleyes’ waterproof eyeliner in Nude – Some mornings I am up at 5am for work and no amount of sleep prevents me having red rimmed eyes.. So after seeing Sasha over at Ramblings of a Beauty Bird review it (HERE), I thought I’d pick one up. At £3.99 it wasn’t too pricey!
I am so excited to try out my new treats – Collection 2000 seems to have some really good items at the moment, it’s quickly becoming a staple favourite for basic bits and pieces.
What brands are you finding hard to resist at the moment?
Ciao for now!
xx Bumble Bree xx