I saw the lovely Sasha over at ‘Ramblings of a Beauty Bird’ do a post a couple of days ago on her Beauty Resolutions for the upcoming year and it got me thinking about what I’ve achieved in 2012 and what I’d like to do over the next year.
Now, in all honesty, I’m not one to set “New Years Resolutions”. As a teenager, I would write lists of them, pages long, mostly consisting of “Lose weight.. 2 stone by next week…” or “Get fit… run a marathon in February”, all of which would be highly unrealistic, ultimately leading to failure and me feeling rubbish about myself!
So at the end of 2011, I decided to write a “To Do list” of things I’d like to do in 2012 instead… In case you’re interested, they were:
- Join a gym – try to go at least once a week, to start with! – DONE – some weeks I even go twice… 😉
- Find a new job (I was a primary teacher and wanted to move into residential care) – DONE.. and I adore my new job!!
- Move out to my own place (I was living with my parents) – DONE – I moved 200 miles away and have two fab housemates.
- Go to a proper music festival – DONE – I went to Reading festival with one of my besties, we had a blast.
- Go to a ‘gig’ of a lesser known band – DONE – My friend bought me tickets to see “Walk Off The Earth” – they’re amazing!
- Make more of an effort to stay in touch with friends abroad and family back home – ONGOING – I am in love with skype!!
- Try and work out which clothing styles and colours suit me – ONGOING – Hmm, still working on this, but better than I was.
- Don’t sweat the small stuff! – ONGOING – I used to get really worked up over the smallest things.. that’s a whole ‘other post.
- Have another holiday abroad – This is the only one I didn’t manage to achieve, I simply haven’t had the time nor money, but not to worry.. it’s been put onto my 2013 List!
So all in all, I feel pretty good about what I have achieved and experienced this year.. my 2012 To Do list, became my 2012 Ta-Da! List…
So, here is my ‘Ta-Da!’ list for life and beauty in 2013:
Go abroad – I need some summer sunshine in my life.
- See a comedian live – I am in LOVE with Michael McIntyre, he is hilarious.
- Sponsor a child’s schooling – This will be for a child abroad. I believe every child had the right to education.
- Look into youth mentoring – I would like to support a child more locally as well.
- Go to the theatre more often – see another West End show (I would love to see Wicked!)
- Hit a few of Englands amusement parks – My housemates can’t believe I’ve never been to Alton Towers!
- Complete the “London Monopoly Board” – visit each of the places on the Original monopoly board
- Continue working hard in my current job – explore other options within my work place for more responsibility
- Go to the gym a bit more often.. try to lose the pounds that have creeped on over the winter months
- Drink more WATER! I am so, so terrible at this – I know when I am dehydrated, my skin (and mood!) really suffers.
- Be more adventourous with my makeup – a red lipstick or smokey eye never killed anyone!
- Be brave.. and go to the hairdressers! (I am a total phobic after a terrible haircut when I was 14.)
- Do a wardrobe overhaul – cull the old, badly fitting items, and replace my “capsule wardrobe basics” with better quality items
- To remember that this is my body for life – to look after and LOVE it!
So, what are your resolutions, goals or “would like to do’s” of 2013?
Ciao for now!
xx Bumble Bree xx